has been working on a massive remake and rewrite of the Lovecraftian Sherlock Holmes chapter The Awakened, which sees a young Sherlock take on his first major case alongside his newly acquainted sidekick, John Watson. What seems like a straightforward case of a missing person quickly spirals into a web of conspiracies by a nefarious cult that worships the eldritch god Cthulhu and attempts to bring about an ancient prophecy.
The game will take the detective duo across 4 locations – Victorian London, a Swiss psych ward, the New Orleans bayous, and the Scottish Highlands – as they try to separate reality from the supernatural while trying to put a stop to these shadowy madmen.
A list of the major changes to The Awakened include:
- All new graphics and assets made in Unreal Engine 4
- New and redone animations
- Full cutscene overhauls
- Additional investigation gameplay mechanics
- Rewriting the story to connect with the case from The Awakened to a younger Sherlock
- Amplifying the story behind how Watson and Holmes came to be so close
- Minor story rewrites to the cases
- Additional side quests
- New English voice-over recordings and translations into multiple languages
- UI overhaul
- Change to contemporary 3rd person perspective camera
- Additional quality of life features
As you may or may not know, they are currently amidst the heartbreaking situation in Ukraine but are confident they will be able to handle this project. So to give it that extra polish and help push it to release, they need help from their fans on Kickstarter, via a campaign that will launch very soon, so be sure to keep your eye out. The Awakened will be coming to PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch.