The epic sword-fighting multiplayer game Chivalry 2 is going to get even bigger after a new update, which will add more game modes, content and even a limited-time Halloween event, with the developers promising even more content in the future.
Chivalry 2: Fight Knight update key features include:
- Brawl Mode and Maps: Leave your weapons at the door for the all-new brawl mode designed to capture the rowdy and chaotic feel of a tavern brawl. Take a seat! Literally. And then smash someone’s face with it!
- Two Brawl Maps: Up to 40 players can join the fray in The Great Hall and Rudhelm Feast.
- Found Objects: Players can pick up and wield just about anything they can find across the map. Embrace the chaos and grab chairs, beer steins, rolling pins, sausages, and giant fish to beat down your rivals!
- Last Team Standing Mode: Players looking for more realistic team battles can expect the return of top-requested mode from the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare! Stakes are high, as these 40-player battles have no respawns. The last team/person standing is crowned as the winning team.
- Headbutt Combat: It’s only a flesh wound! Chivalry 2’s limb loss combat system sees the most brutal and outrageous update yet. Now, when a player has lost both limbs in combat, they can execute an arm-less headbutt attack for a last chance at taking down an opponent before bleeding out.
- Rapier Weapon: This new fencing weapon type also introduces a new swashbucklingcombat style with more focus on fast-movements and flourishes.
- Halloween Event: Running from Oct. 26 through Nov. 7, players can look forward to Chivalry 2’s first-ever seasonal event with new cosmetics, like the pumpkinhelm, and Halloween themed decorations and interactive objects, like giant Jack O Lanterns that can be weaponized.
- Rudhelm Siege, Dark Forest, Great Hall (Brawl mode), and Wardenglade (Free-for-All and Last Team Standing modes) will feature these limited-time Halloween decorations.
Chivalry 2 is out now with Cross-Play support for PC (via Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and the Xbox Series X|S.