Looks like Prison Tycoon will be making its return soon, releasing to a brand new audience with advanced features that users have now come to expect from modern Tycoon games.
Under New Management is, as the name implies, taking a new look at the genre by challenging players to rehabilitate and re-integrate their charges into society, while maintaining a fully functional prison. It’s a whole new way to play, that also keeps the tycoon/sim-elements in the game for fans of the tycoon genre.
Prison Tycoon: Under New Management features include:
- Five Distinct Environments: Select from tropical, tundra, taiga, swamp, or desert biomes, each with its own environmental challenges
- Build From Your Own Blueprints: Design every room, path, checkpoint, and cell block
- Hire Experts: Evaluate and hire staff to serve 12 different roles in running and maintaining your prison
- Secure and Protect: Maintain a secure facility using guards, cameras, watchtowers, and checkpoints
- Rehabilitate and Release: Evaluate prisoners, then provide the therapies that they need to be released, from the zero gravity room to VR therapy
In Prison Tycoon: Under New Management, would-be wardens will need to maintain a balance of services and security as they strive to run an efficient facility while keeping inmates on the path to reintegration. To grow their prison and improve their capabilities, players will need to secure funding from state agencies, manage the flow of resources, and keep staff happy while providing proper care for their charges.
Prison Tycoon: Under New Management will be available this summer as part of an Early Access Program, letting players play an early build and help shape the future of the game.