It isn’t common to hear that a blockbuster/mainstream game has managed to outsell the console versions, but Cyberpunk 2077 definitely seems to be the case!

According to an official tweet from CD Projekt Red, 59% of the game’s pre-orders were from the PC, whilst the remaining 41% came from the consoles. They also announced the fact that the game managed to pass over 8 million pre-orders.

This was further broken down by analyst Daniel Ahmad, stating that from a total of 8 million pre-orders, 4.27m was on PC whilst 3.28m on consoles, making it the biggest day one launch ever for a PC version of a game.

Originally tweeted by CD PROJEKT IR (@CDPROJEKTRED_IR) on December 10, 2020.

Now there are lots of reasons why this might be the case, but chief of it may be the fact that PC is the only place where you can play the next-gen version of the game, as the new consoles are still running the last-gen builds. It is currently the best-selling game on Steam.

Not to mention, it has come out right after Nvidia’s successful launch of the affordable RTX 3XXX line, which has gotten more people to jump onto PC gaming. Then of course, there is the fact that millions of people have been upgrading upgrading their PCs for gaming due to the pandemic which has caused many to work from home.

Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on the PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Whilst the game can be played on the Xbox Series X and Playstation 5, they do not have the next-gen features, which will only be available next year.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s