As we mentioned previously, Frogwares has been working on a massive remake and rewrite of the Lovecraftian Sherlock Holmes chapter The Awakened, which sees a young Sherlock take on his first major case alongside his newly acquainted sidekick, John Watson.
In order to make this a reality, however, and due to their current situation amidst the war in Ukraine, Frogwares has launched a Kickstarter for the game, which has managed to already receive a lot of support. The devs have also released a video that gives an insight into their current situation:
A list of the major changes to The Awakened include:
- All new graphics and assets made in Unreal Engine 4
- New and redone animations
- Full cutscene overhauls
- Additional investigation gameplay mechanics
- Rewriting the story to connect with the case from The Awakened to a younger Sherlock
- Amplifying the story behind how Watson and Holmes came to be so close
- Minor story rewrites to the cases
- Additional side quests
- New English voice-over recordings and translations into multiple languages
- UI overhaul
- Change to contemporary 3rd person perspective camera
- Additional quality of life features
The project is now live on Kickstarter, and is currently sitting at £77,773 of their original £59,009 goal, so be sure to give it a visit if you want to support them. The Awakened will be coming to PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch.