Space Punks is an explosive, cel-shaded action-RPG looter shooter in Early Access that has just gotten a brand new update called “The Core One” that comes with brand new content, and the promise of a positive overhaul.
“The Core One” will see the start of a core game loop overhaul, providing a greatly enhanced player experience built on the community’s ongoing Early Access feedback. Following party system and social UI improvements in “The Friendly One” update, and substantial technical and systems tinkering in earlier patches, “The Core One” tackles the player experience head-on.
Players can dive into the early access program by purchasing one of two packs:
- Swag Pack: This Simple pack guarantees Early Access and unlocks all four main characters. It also features a Season 1 Battle Pass for Open Beta and exclusive backgrounds, four emotes, the Epic Cape and Epic Dash effect.
- Splendor Pack: The ultimate starter kit which features everything in the Swag Pack as well as some additional benefits – four Epic Character Skins, Epic Player Entrance, and more.
Key features of Space Punks:
- Endless Arsenal: Guns, grenades, gadgets, and gizmos. Whatever weapon you’re looking for, this galaxy’s got it, and they’re all designed for one thing: instant gratification.
- Limitless Power If there’s one thing you want in this universe, it’s MORE. It’s all about the space Benjamins. Get stuff. Get famous. And get more powerful with every run.
- Not Heroes: Misfits. Pirates. Scoundrels. Just don’t call them heroes. They might have hearts of gold but they’d happily pawn them for gun money.
- Share the Glory: Sure, you’ll need to split your plunder, but nothing beats the shared satisfaction of a successful run with your closest friends in the galaxy.
- Brilliant Galaxy: It’s a weird and wonderful universe full of weird and not-so-wonderful things… all ready and waiting to kill you. Better kill them first.
Space Punks is currently in early access on Epic Games Store, with a console release planned later this year. It will be Free To Play when it launches.