The Unliving mixes rogue-lite and real-time strategy elements, placing players in the shoes of a powerful necromancer reanimating an army of the dead to lay siege to humanities domains!
A demo will be available later today on Steam, giving players a sneak peek at one of the levels, a boss challenge and over 35 different powerful abilities and undead upgrades to try out.
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into obedient undead minions: Reincarnate fallen foes into loyal soldiers that obey every command
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath players will be resurrected, keeping their progression and unlocks, each attempt better equipping the Necromancer to take on the challenges that lurk in the shadows
- Overcome gruelling bosses: Powerful creatures prowl the wilderness, waiting for their chance to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities, requiring strategic gameplay to overcome
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Cryptic notes, coerced information, and ancient artifacts will be instrumental in piecing together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields.
The unliving will be released via Steam’s Early Access program next year, and is being developed by RocketBrush Studio and published by Team17.