Daedalic has announced that their upcoming top-down action game Glitchpunk will be coming to Steam early access soon, letting you shoot, brawl, drive and steal across its neon-soaked world.
Glitchpunk is inspired by GTA 2 and introduces players to a world full of gangs and cults, with themes of transhumanism and xenophobia running throughout the game’s gripping story which players can influence.
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (two cities at Early Access launch and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
Glitchpunk will be available on Steam via its Early Access program on the 11th of August.