The VR version for Blair Witch originally released on the Quest, and whilst we found the game well suited for VR, there were sacrifices made to fit the game onto it. Thankfully, the VR experience will be getting improved as a Rift edition has been announced.
If you already have a VR ready PC, as well as a Quest 2, you technically already have the Rift once you plug it in. This will allow for better visuals and an improved experience powered by a capable PC.
- Environments have been redesigned for more interactivity
- Objects to catch, throw, or stack on top of each other
- A marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at a touch
- Breaking branches
- Operation of mechanical elements: handles, buttons, opening locks with a key, padlock codes, etc…
- New control system
- New sounds and in-game events to surprise and scare the player.
- Additional creature encounters
Improved Dog commands for Bullet:
- Pet Bullet to make sure he knows he’s a good boy
- Change up his look with a variety of new collars
- Give Bullet treats. In the VR edition, he’ll take them right from your hand
- Bullet can help you track scents through the forest, just give him an object to sniff
- Enjoy the company of your best buddy and shake his paw any time