Dark Fracture caught our attention a while back as it looked like an interesting psychological horror with inspiration from H.R. Giger. The good news is that the game now has a publishing agreement with Feardemic, giving the game a chance to reach a wider audience whilst bringing it closer to the finish line.
Dark Fracture takes place in the late 90s, where players take on the role of Edward, who is dealing with crippling personal issues. His only solace lies within his medications and his house. However, his situation takes an even darker turn, when his house transforms into a labyrinth of horror, taunting Edward and players alike with visions that may or may not be just a figment of their imagination.
- An Obscure Tale: Unravel the mysteries surrounding the body farm while trying to survive the inexplicable events happening around you. Trust nothing and no one.
- Complex Characters: Dig deeper into Edward’s psyche and meet other employees whose intentions are anything but clear – are they friend or foe?
- Otherworldly Exploration: Experience visions of a terrifying parallel dimension. But does that world exist, or is it all in Edward’s mind?
- Decision Making: The decisions you make in the game will impact Edward’s fate. Will you save or condemn him? Make your choices wisely.
- Sanity Meter: Your sanity is the key to survival. Disturbing events will hinder your progress throughout the game, sapping away your resolve. Do all you can to tighten the grip on your fleeting sanity.
- Procedurally Generated Paranormal Events: On top of being varied by your sanity meter, encounters and visions do not always happen at a set moment. Expect the unexpected during each playthrough.
- Survival Horror Gameplay Elements: Search key items to help your progress through the adventure, and carefully manage resources to survive. And don’t stay in the dark!
- Physics-based Puzzles: Interact with physical objects and carry or manipulate them to solve problems.
- Dual Wielding: By wielding two items at once, you can strategize the complementary usage of your tools and overcome any obstacle – or die trying.
- Artistic Inspiration: The rich and immersive environments of the game take inspiration from the surrealist paintings of Zdzisław Beksiński as well as the flesh-like creations of H.R. Giger.
Dark Fracture will release on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch in 2022. You can check out the prologue demo on steam.