Grime had one of the best demos during Steam’s recent gaming festival. In fact, I usually get bored of 2D Soulslike games, however, the mixture of atmosphere, world-building and interesting mechanics made me add it to my wishlist.
It takes inspiration from titles such as Legacy of Kain and Salt & Sanctuary and features over 15 hours of gameplay content including hundreds of weapon and armor combinations, an expansive bestiary plus many unique skills to unlock that add further variance to your gameplay experience.
- Eye-Popping Surrealism – Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Meet otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world – all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face foes born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Death-Defying Combat – Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smash them from the ground or even airborne, and absorb them to grow your strength as you wage war on a living world.
- Living Weapons – Seamlessly swap weapons made of living creatures that mutate form during combat, from clawing swords to centipede whips.
- Unique Skill Progression – Hunt down and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and bring true customization to your playstyle.
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses – Defeat creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, withstand their assault, and consume them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.
GRIME will be available for the PC via Steam and Google Stadia on the 2nd of August.