The Resident Evil inspired Daymare will be getting a prequel soon which has just been announced. In Daymare: 1994 you step into the shoes of special agent Dalila Reyes, a former government spy now in the service of a unit called H.A.D.E.S., that equips her with technologically advanced weapons, giving her an edge against the undead.
Features of Daymare 1994: Sandcastle
- New characters and big comebacks – Take part in the top secret “Sandcastle” mission as the game’s main protagonist, Special Agent H.A.D.E.S. Dalila Reyes, and reconstruct the past of some of Daymare: 1998’s most beloved characters.
- Lethal and terrifying enemies – Fight, kill and dismember the enemies that stand between you and your mission. But beware; these enemies are frighteningly intelligent, aggressive and realistic in every detail.
- Revamped interface – The D.I.D. is back, though in a completely redesigned way. Manage your inventory, ammo and health items directly from the new, intuitive game interface.
- Eye to the Scanner – Thanks to the innovative device installed on Reyes’s arm, you can analyze portions of the environment and reveal new puzzles to solve, pick up secret documents and detect hidden items!
- Environmental puzzles – The solution is often right in front of your eyes! Search for clues and overcome the environmental obstacles to obtain resources and collectibles.
- Are you sure it’s dead? – Prepare to confront the toughest and most aggressive enemies you have ever seen. Even if you’re sure you’ve killed one, you’ll find out it can come back in a completely new form and be even deadlier than before!
- Breathtaking graphics, sound effects and soundtrack – Thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4, you will live the most terrifying of experiences!
- Back to the 90s… again! – If you loved the nostalgia of Daymare: 1998, then Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will feel like you’re living and playing an action horror/film from the 90s with familiar references and a frightfully authentic atmosphere with a retro flavor.
- Freeze! – There will certainly be no shortage of guns, but be prepared to equip one of the most innovative and powerful weapons ever created: the Frost Grip! WARNING: it may contain liquid nitrogen.
- Veteran or rookie – Choose the most appropriate game difficulty based on your ability in combat and your experience with survival horror games. Either way, it will be a serious challenge and not for the faint-hearted!
Daymare 1994: Sandcastle will be available for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One and PC in early 2022 and fans can wishlist the PC version on Steam now.