Whilst we do get many Soulslike games these days, only a handful manage to really stand-out and look interesting. Thymesia definitely fits into that stand-out and interesting category, as the combat looks a lot more fast-paced and polished, but with a similar hint of punishing enemies and bosses.
At the heart of the story is Corvus, a mysterious character capable of seizing enemy diseases and using them as weapons against his adversaries; players will engage in visceral combat, combining ferocious offensive abilities, perfectly timed parries, and dynamic dodges to take down unforgiving enemies. Players will also have the ability to customise Corvus to their own play style, upgrading and improving various stats to aid in their journey to recover Corvus’ memories.
Thymesia Key Features:
- Weaponising diseases: As Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons
- Engaging combat: Players will need to use their entire arsenal to avoid death; dodging attacks and parrying at precisely the right time will be instrumental to survival
- A dark and deadly world: With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesia oozes character through its environments and setting
- Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, the enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn
- Replayability: The ability to customise Corvus and try different builds, coupled with the multiple different endings available, means no two playthroughs are ever the same.
Set against a world ravaged by a plague, Thymesia will challenge players with fast-paced melee combat while they unravel the mysteries that haunt the harrowingly beautiful world. The game will be available on PC, later this year.