Ahead of its release next week, the Lovecraftian point’n’click adventure inspired by early 90s Lucasfilm-Arts adventures has just gotten a brand new trailer that showcases the madness that players will be in for.
Written by a Lovecraft expert, the game is based on the eponymous novella, but features many references to other stories. It also includes many easter eggs that only the geekiest of Lovecraft geeks will get (like Lone Carter’s name himself), and gives you the opportunity to play as the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, author of the dreaded Necronomicon, and at some point as HP Lovecraft himself.
- A mature, horrifying story, combining the thrilling mystery of a detective story with a cosmic horror setting.
- Inspired by The Mountains of Madness, but with many original elements to surprise you at every corner.
- Test your wits and deduction skills with clever puzzles, logical but challenging.
- Interact with many characters, both original and taken from Lovecraft’s works. Play as detective Lone Carter, but also as iconic Lovecraft characters as Abdul Alhazred – and even H.P. Lovecraft himself!
- Retro art style, inspired by the early 90s Lucasarts classics.
- A brilliant unsettling original soundtrack, full of tension and mystery, to underline the disturbing events of this story.
Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness releases on Steam on March 23rd for €17.99/$19.99/£15.49, with a 10% launch discount.