My Father My Son looks to be an interesting 2.5D platformer telling the tale of a cast away father and son duo who must survive a harsh island and overcome its obstacles. The most interesting thing about it perhaps is the fact that you can control both characters at the same time.
This simultaneous control scheme reminds me a lot of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, which is a very hopeful sign regarding the game. The trailer paints an interesting picture of what you can expect from the game. You can also play it cooperatively with friends or family members.
After losing a pillar of their life, a father and son decide to take a boating trip in order to heal their wounds and bond as a family. However, things take a dark turn when a storm hits their boat and leaves them stranded on a dangerous island. Could this be the bond they were looking for?
My Father My Son is planned for release on PC next year, with a port for Nintendo Switch, Playstation and Xbox to follow after the initial release. It is being developed by the Krakow based Polish studio, BlinkClick Games.
- Play alone, controlling two characters or in co-op (local on one screen or online)
- Choose any method to control both characters: using pads or the keyboard
- Solve environmental puzzles based on the co-operation of two characters with different abilities: a father and son
- Fight for survival in thrilling arcade sequences
- Two characters and two tracks that you can change at any time
- Low-poly 2.5D side view game
- An engaging story about a father’s relationship with his son in a thriller atmosphere