Announced Yesterday at The Borderlands Show, we’ve gotten more details to share with you on Borderlands 3’s Broken Hearts Day seasonal event which is taking place from now until February 25th.
Borderlands 3’s Broken Hearts Day seasonal event is back for the second year running with mysterious floating hearts swirling around lovesick enemies across the Borderlands. Aboard the Sanctuary III, your old Saurian pal Maurice—sensing an opportunity to further his Research of our species’ courting rituals—needs assistance. As you travel around the galaxy, he’d appreciate it if youd break any hearts you can by shooting them down and earn rewards for doing so. Simple right?
No two hearts are the same, bundled with six Unique ways they can break. Some will fall to the Floor with a fiery explosion, while others will drop loot, regenerate your health, or briefly turn nearby enemies into allies. Word has it there are even rare hearts that will spawn groups of ghosts from the Bloody Harvest, affording you an off-season chance to score some spooky loot.
Maurice places an equal value on all the various heart types and will keep track of how many you’ve broken. Destroy enough hearts, and he’ll Send you Latest Broken Hearts Day rewards for your troubles.
- 10– “ECHOcardiogram” ECHO Skin
- 25– “Cosmic Romance” Weapon Trinket
- 50– “Terminal Polyaimorous” Legendary Maliwan SMG
- 75– “Heartbreaker” Vault Hunter Skin
- 100– “Wedding Invitation” Legendary Jakobs Sniper Rifle
Vault Hunters that assisted the sentient Saurian last year will notice that this year’s Broken Hearts Day event includes recolored ECHO Skin, Weapon Trinket, and Vault Hunter Skin cosmetic rewards. It also brings back the chance to claim last year’s legendary guns— which can only be obtained during this event at the current level cap of 65.
Thats not all of-course,The latest Installement of The Borderlands Show was packed with exciting updates and announcements, including news on…
- The upcoming Director’s Cut* add-on for Borderlands 3 which will feature series of brand-new story-driven missions set throughout the Borderlands on March 18th.
- The reveal of the Disciples of the Vault premium cosmetic packs offering new skins for the each Vault Hunter coming soon as a part of Season Pass 2 on March 18th.
- The imminent re-release of award-winning adventure title Tales from the Borderlands, back to stores on February 17!
Borderlands 3 is avaliable now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and is also playable on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility.