As this is a Ubisoft game, you can expect a lot of post-launch support and content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla going forward, both free and for a charge.
The brand new trailer released today highlights three pieces of key-content that will come included as part of their Season-Pass package, which comes with a Beowulf inspired quest as well as two expansions. The details for these are as follows:
- The Legend of Beowulf quest: In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on the launch day of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021): In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021): In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
However, not everything will be paywalled as a lot of content is planned for both season 1 and 2, which will launch in December 2020 and March 2021 respectively. This is what you can expect from the first season:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will further build on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, as well as more updates, gears and cosmetics.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be available for the PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One on the 10th of November. Those who will be getting a next-gen console will be pleased to know that the game will also be available as a free upgrade for the Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.