There is no doubt that Nier: Automata is one of the most popular games to ever release, garnering a huge fanbase due to its unique and odd themes. However, there are some that might not be aware of its more underrated prequel, Nier.
Nier originally released in 2010 for the Playstation 3, where even though it did get a lot of critical praise, it didn’t do as well as Automata. Now that more people are aware of this series, it is the perfect time to reintroduce the game in a whole new package called, Nier: Replicant.
Replicant follows the story of a brother who is trying to find a cure for his dying sister. It is set in the same apocalytpic land that many have become familiar with through Automata. The upcoming release will not only be getting visual upgrades, but also a newly recorded soundtrack by renowned composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA (NieR series, TEKKEN, Drakengard 3).
A fancy collector’s edition was also announced during Tokyo Game Show, which includes:
- “Lunar Tear” Collector’s Box
- Steelbook® Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by Illustrator Koda Kazuma.
- Pin Badge Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins presented in a specialized display case. Exclusive to the White Snow Edition.
- Script Set – A set of seven books including the content of the spoken script of the game, exclusive to the White Snow Edition. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring unique cover art by character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Available in English only.
- Soundtrack CD Set – A two-disc collection – one disc featuring tracks from NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… specifically edited for this set, and a second disc featuring special arrangements, overseen by Keiichi Okabe, of select tracks that are exclusive to the White Snow Edition. The set is presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.
Some pre-order bonuses were also revealed for the standard editions of the game on Steam, Xbox One and Playstation 4. All pre-order versions of the game, regardless of the platform will come with a mini-soundtrack that includes a selection of songs from the White Snow Edition. The Playstation will also be getting dynamic themes, whilst Steam gets a set of exclusive wallpapers.
Finally, the release date was also announced for the game, and it will be coming on the 23rd of April, 2021. Those interested can order a copy of the White Snow or standard edition via the official website. The standard edition is available for $60/£50 whilst the White Snow Edition will set you back $160/£150.